Sunday, June 13, 2010

"You're not my sheep"

John 10:25 Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Fathers name speak for me, 26-but you do not believe because you are not my sheep." 27-My sheep listen to my voice; I know them and they follow me.

I was pondering at the notion as to why Jesus would tell them they were not his sheep. There had to be an extremely good reason for this. Well, as I meditated upon this, a verse came to me. Exodus 15:26 "If you listen carefully to the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all of his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians; for I am the Lord, who heals you."

This is why they could never perform all the commandments nor statutes in the first place. This is another reason they couldn't believe on the Holy one whom God had sent. They DIDN'T listen to the voice of God! Jesus reaffirms that when he told them they were not of his sheep because his sheep follow him and not some stranger teaching doctrines of men. This is why the 10 northern tribes were removed and assimilated on the regions of the Assyrians & Medes. This is also why Jerusalem was taken captive by the Babylonian Empire. They were too busy committing sins and teaching people their doctrines and not listening to YHWH.

Even today, when they read the Tanakh, they won't read it unless they have Rashis of Rambans commentaries. I'm sorry, but Rashi? Ramban? They are no one to me, nor are they the ones who redeemed me. The only person I ask questions to is the Almighty Father himself in Jesus' name on which I wait for his reply. That is why I have problems with anyone trying to explain what the Tanakh says. For since GOD taught Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses and all the prophets, then I know for a FACT he can teach me as well.

Just to re-iterate once again what Jesus is trying to tell the people! LISTEN TO THE ALMIGHTY FATHER YHWH first and foremost before you listen to someone like Rashi or Ramban! He can and WILL teach you, if you open your hearts to him and listen to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment